RTD on AB 1769

aretstudent

I am doing some testing at home and keep getting temps that are going down when I heat up the RTD. I am working with a 1769-L32E and a 1769-IR6 RTD module. I am using a 3 wire PT100 RTD. It seems to ohm out just fine, I am just not sure if I am using the wrong RTD or I have something set up in the code incorrectly. I am just doing a basic multiply of the in channel data to get to the actual temp.

I am just doing a basic multiply of the in channel data to get to the actual temp.

What data format are you using?

The module will give temperature directly.

See pdf

Are you sure it's a RTD not a thermistor?

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey! I found the problem. I had it in Raw/Proportional and changed it to Engineering units X10. I am getting what should be the correct temps. The one questions that I did have is that the RTD says that it is a PT100 and ohms out for 100 ohms. The module says that it is made for PT385 or PT3916. Will this still work? I see a lot of PT100's on Ebay but not many PT385's. This is just for practice at home nothing out in the field.