VPN hardware/software requirements

off topic abit, but.. could i use a standard cisco 300 series router to route between two stratix 8000's or two 5700's instead of a 8300, is there any features i need to make sure it has to be able to do which might not be on basic routers?

Ive been looking at the Cisco WS-C3560-8PC-S, layer 3 switch as from what info i can find on the net these route faster than just a router, then i could get a router when i want to then go out to the world, as both the stratix 5700, 8000 are cisco switches does this mean that they will be no problem setting these three types up to work together, with vlan routing etc? as i think that the 8300 being 4 times the cost of this is probably over the top.

any thoughts?

the secure crossing is that the eqivalant of a Tolfino firewall? we have been looking at a 9211-ET which you mentioned you use tolfino and these are readily available in the UK.

Rob