Way OT – Employer/Employee Conflict

OPINION and it is ALL MINE

your boss is not without sin either... what ever happened to not judging. I would find another job then on my way out tell him to kiss it..... anyway he may be jelouse ya think. maybe he likes or wants her.

That is what a government employee would say...never do.

It is funny though, noone said anything about ending the thread because of the religious aspect UNTIL someone blatanly stated it was a FAIRY TALE, and the blatant statement that the Abrahamic/Bible is a Fairy Tale is MINE.

I am realistic though. ANY JOB has conditions that apply, some are goverened by an employer but may have conditions set by a government.

To think, or believe, that ANY employer will not look at your personal life when it comes to the job...is unrealistic. When you vote for government positions do you remove the factors of morality? NO!

I may not believe in the BIBLE per se but some of the secular passages do apply to human interaction, overall it is a decent guide.

WOW Interesting Post

I arrived a little late to this one also, Any new news did the wedding happen? Are you VP now? OR working someplace else?
Congratulation on the wedding (I hope)

As a Christian would have enjoyed joining that part of the discussion but know that would not be prudent now. It would also take way to long since to support my belief, (it would take reference to 66 different books and letters.)

2 comments
1. "Any time anyone uses faith as an excuse to coerce another, call it what it is - terrorism. Disagree? Ask an Iraqi Shiite."

I do not agree, first the boss was not using terror He was expressing his opinion.

Terrorism “the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion”

2. The statement
"I am a Christian of a certain denomination because my parents were of that faith."
Does not make one a Christian.

A Christian is a follower of Christ.

Suffix “ian”
of or belonging to
characteristic of
one that is of or relating to.

Yes I enjoyed the post, except that I lost 2 hrs of work time reading it.

(I probably am going to post this as a new thread question.)

I found this site because I have been trying to learn how to program PLC’s and realize there are some very smart people here. How many years does it take to understand this stuff?

AEI Service said:
How many years does it take to understand this stuff?

You never do, you just think you are controlling the bit's but really they are controlling you :)

But you never stop learning, that's why I love it... its like a drug you can get enough

EDIT: Hi Ron :)

I am not sure you are helping……………

Would a better question be? How long from “I know nothing - to wow that is how it works”

I need the basics to read a program and modify as the machine is upgraded.

The problem I am having is the books I have seem to miss stuff, or assume you should know it.

Maybe I am expecting it to be to easy, or am going about it backwards.

I have 2 programs that I am trying to understand 1 fairly basic from a TSX NANO and the 2nd one from direct soft on a DL205. The input and outputs I get the stuff in the middle is where it gets fuzzy.

Your right start a new thread...

Post the programs and someone will help its that easy :)

I can help with the AD... but I know nothing about the Nano

Anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of months would be my guess on having the basics start to click. I've seen guys pick up the basics in as little as a few minutes and others never really get it...

My advice is stop looking at programs that are already written and just write a simple program and then slowly build that program into a more complex system. When I learned I started with a single switch turning on a light and progressed to a program that opened and closed a garage door.

It would definitely be easier to help if you can post specific problems or questions. Another way of looking at it is to bite the apple one bite at a time. So far you stated you understand the inputs and outputs, next step could be practicing the data manipulation Saving it from one location to another performing different math functions with it etc knowing this will help lead up to scaling an input. Practice timers the famous traffic light problem is a good exercise in those. Save PID until you have a clear understanding of the first two items.