Way OT – Employer/Employee Conflict

Wow...This is heavy..One mans' action judged by many in the world! Lucky me I am a free-spirit! Let Anon do what he thinks is the right choice.:site:

elevmike said:
Keep in mind the underlying purpose for religion is to control the masses. Some for the better, & some for the worse. I happen to believe that there is a God, but envision him/her/it in a more universal concept than a particular religious one. To me "loving" God is about respecting his creations. Helping out someone in need, not engaging in nefarious acts, taking care of yourself and your loved ones etc... Generally leading a decent productive life that you don’t need to be ashamed of.

If in you last dyeing thought, as your life passes before you, you have few regrets about your general behavior and feel comfortable with the idea that you've done your best, then your "in". That's your eternity. So if you want to avoid eternal salvation then go beat your wife and kick your dog. I don’t think it's easy as arguing about religious concepts...
I couldn't have said it better myself. In my opinion the underlying principles of the various religions in the world are all good, but unfortunately mankind is not perfect and in the arena of religion this shows through all too well. As my father has said about a great many things; "You do the best you can with what you've got."

Stephen Luft said:
It has been over 10 days since your original post. You have received a great deal of input and many opinions...have you and your boss come to a resolution?
Only sort of. My fiancé and I set a date for this summer and I have told my boss the date and location of the wedding. He acted as if it were the best news he'd heard in a long time, but we did not carry the conversation any further than that. This happened about a week and a half ago and since then the vibe I get from him seems to vary pretty wildly, but that is part of his personality anyway. I think only time will tell the true story here; at least I now know I will be better prepared to handle future situations if (really its when) they come up.

To all who posted to this thread I want to say thank you for your thoughts, concerns, opinions, and well wishes. While we got lots of advice from our friends and family all of it was biased to a certain degree because friends and family are always biased. While the advice that was given here was biased by who each of you are and how you all interact with each other it was not biased (well not much anyway) by who my fiancé and I are and helped us put things into perspective from a great many viewpoints and we truly appreciate every comment made.

anon_guy said:
My fiancé and I set a date for this summer

Congratulation, I wish you and your wife to-be happiness, I do think that you are a person that cares or else you would not even of posted the thread, with that in mind I’m sure you will have many years to enjoy the marriage:)

First, congraluations on the upcoming nuptials.

Of all those here, believe me, I know what you and your fiance are going through.

It was not about getting married, it was about "BEING TOLD" or pressured to get married (or not live in sin) and the invasion of your private life from those not a member of your family. Even when it may be a family member it is not always agreeable per se.

The sad part of life is that we all have to make concessions for different reasons. If you want to be married and like where you work and live then, in this case, it is one of lifes' good concessions.

In the future never think about this issue, just think about the fact that you married the one you loved.

Best wishes.

First, to our annonymous friend, congratulations on your upcoming union this summer.

Second, Bob posed the following question:

Why would an all powerful god need to become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself?

Sin entered the world through Adam and his disobedience to what God had commanded him to do.

Because sin entered the world through one man, it would have to be satisfied by one man.

All the animal sacrifices and offerings performed by the High Priest of Israel, did not eradicate our sin, but merely covered it. If it were eradicated, it would only have to be done once...not every year.

Why sacrifice?

Because God requires a blood sacrifice for the remission of sin.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul. Leviticus 17:11

What is the penalty of sin? Death, separation from God..."For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

For many it comes down to whether you believe our Messiah lived a sinless life, was put to death, an innocent and sinless man, rose after three days, offered Himself to God for the remission of our sin, as required by God's Law...once, and for ALL (everyone).

To offer some commentary as to the why...

God provided the Torah (law) for the Jewish nation to live by. He knew that it would be impossible for anyone to live a life that was without sin, in that after the fall of eden, we were born into sin, and would have a sinful nature. He promised in His word the coming of a Messiah...an annointed one that would deliver us from the bondage of sin.

God came down in human form to live the life we have had to live, in a fallen world...not because He had to...but because He chose to. As God, He could not relate to our nature, because He can not be in the presence of sin. As Messiah in human form, He dealt with what we deal with on a daily basis. He was tempted, but did not sin.

Why?

"But now the righteousness of God, without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe for their is no difference. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past through the forbearance of God. Romans 3:21 - 25

Why did He choose to pay the price for us?

He chose to pay the penalty for our sin simply because He loves us. Many of you are probably familiar with the following verses:

"That whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:15 - 17

Let me offer one final analogy...Someone offers you a gift. Does it truly become yours when it is offered or when you accept it?

Stephen Luft said:
Let me offer one final analogy...Someone offers you a gift. Does it truly become yours when it is offered or when you accept it?

Jhn 3:27John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.:)

Why would an all powerful god need to become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself?

One reason was to give mankind a chance to have their sins forgiven. Why does mankind need a Savior? The reason man needs a Savior is because of sin. The Bible clearly says, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Every person who can tell right from wrong commits sin. The apostle John also tells us this fact (1 John 1:6-10). What is sin? Sin is missing the mark (Romans 3:23). It is lawlessness (1 John 3:4). John added, all unrighteousness is sin (1 John 5:17). Also, the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Sin causes us to go away from God (Isaiah 59:1,2), and Christ came to the earth to bring us back to God (2 Corinthians 5:20,21; Ephesians 2:16).

These are a couple of things that I have found on the subject.

I also want to declare that I am a Christian and I love Jesus, I don't speak much on the subject for 2 reasons,

1) I don't know enough. If I tell someone the wrong way to program, not a big deal "my friends" here (all of you)will speak up and show me and the other person the correct way. Its called covering each others backside. But if I tell someone the wrong way to believe in Christ...Not good for my judgement (some day though, look out)

2) I think its really hard to express yourselves and get your point across, no matter if its religion, politics, our life in general. I had a good heated debate the other week with some of my friends on the other side of the pond, it ended up we agreed with each other, its hard to type expression.

Once upon a time I was young and naive, hard to believe in some ways. When I was young I was a theological student but this part of my life introduced some of the perversities involved "behind the scenes per se" with religion.

So one day I was reading Genesis, where it talks about creating Adam, the animals, then Eve. God telling Adam that he can eat the fruit but not the fruit from the "Tree of Knowledge." The serpent talking Eve, with Adam beside her, into eating the "forbidden fruit".

Here is a story of two "kids" that are uneducated with no other people around to talk too. The Tree of Knowledge is created by GOD and the talking Serpent(Satan)is created by GOD. What is left out is how would they know the difference between GOD and SATAN? They did not have KNOWLEDGE! Without knowledge how do you know the difference between right and wrong? For Adam and Eve there was nothing in their experience to explain wrong.

Due to circumstances prior to that day I came to several conclusions. The first is that story was the biggest FAIRY TALE I had ever read besides the fact that people with unsanitary living conditions and little if no medical care could live for hundreds of years but to day its an accomplihment to live 100 with 25 or more years of that in a debilitated or limit physical aspect.

I realized that all the books were written by MAN for the purpose of uniting a group of people for selfish reasons and/or allowing people to have control or power over other people.

Nothing about "Divine creation" makes sense when you look at the world, universe, and all that surrounds us.

On the other hand if you dismiss the idea of a "GOD" then science with their BIG BANG theory also does not make sense i.e. what caused the BIG BANG and/or created the elements that created life.

The important fact is that we have LIFE. Are we going to keep finding reasons to destroy life until it no longer exists? Why do we need more than we have now?

Greetings to all,

forethought:

if you were looking for answers about PLCs, I would post a link that might be helpful ... in the same spirit, if (big IF) you’re looking for answers about Christianity, I’m about to post a link that might be helpful ...

I’m writing this particular post for anyone out there who might be reading this thread and hoping to find answers to some very troubling issues ... unfortunately I think that it’s very unlikely that you’ll find the answers to all of your questions in this PLC forum ... so if you’re not sure of where to look next, let me suggest that you click this link and find a listing for an upcoming Billy Graham telecast on your local TV network ... if you’re not sure that you want to watch a full hour or so of “TV religion” then just tape the program and play back only the most important part ... that part will be the time when the old white-haired gentlemen is speaking at the podium ... and that part usually lasts for only ten or fifteen minutes ...

he won’t use big fancy words ... he won’t use long confusing sentences ... he won’t talk fast ... he won’t talk loud ...

basically he’ll ask you if you feel a “need” inside ... a “hunger” ... a “thirst” for “something else” in life ... a “something else” that money, family, friends, love, success, literally nothing-in-the-world can satisfy ...

and then he’ll tell you how you can find the one answer that will fully satisfy that “need” that you’ve been feeling ...

and no, you won’t have to send any money ... and you won’t have to join any organization ...

just listen to the message and then decide for yourself whether it “makes sense” or not ...

in closing, I’m well aware that there are some people out there who will ridicule (either publicly or privately) what I’ve written here ... be that as it may, I’m not writing to those types of individuals ... for better or for worse, they’ve already made up their minds about this whole “religion” thing and they’re not going to be swayed by anything that I might write here - or by anything that Billy Graham might say on TV ...

instead I’m writing this post only to the type of individual who is earnestly (even desperately) seeking for that one important part of life which seems to be somehow “missing” ... and I’m just suggesting one specific way to continue the search for that missing piece ...

and finally, if you’re one of those “searching” individuals, then I want to assure you that you are not alone ... while you’re watching that television program, take a close look at the faces of the thousands of people in the audience .... the stadium will be filled - usually to overflowing - with other people, from all stations and from all walks of life, who have felt the same “need” that you feel ...

Anon Guy –

I’m glad things are on their way for you and that you did get some good advice some based in faith and some not. The best of luck to you and your fiancé.

For the hijackers -

See here is the problem with hijacked threads. There are 130 posts in this thread (131 now), of which the original poster has made 5. This thread has gone from a conflict between the poster and his employer that has a religious undertone to a full blown debate about God with included quotes from the Bible. Thankfully someone remembered what this thread was suppose to be about even if it was as the end of some more ramblings.

Do you think your ramblings about whether God does or doesn’t exist has helped Anon Guy with his conflict with his employer? No, but it has made people who were interested in the original subject stop reading because they are not interested in reading ramblings about God. Although this thread has had over 4500 views, I chalk that up to the same reason people slow down on the highway at accidents, people love to see car wrecks.

There are plenty of places to ramble on about God, the very least of which would be a new thread.

P.S. - Do you really think your ramblings will change anyone’s mind about whether God does or does not exist? No, your just arguing to no end, that’s why they say there are two things you don’t discuss religion and politics.

AnonGuy threw this wide open in the first post with

I’d like to hear reactions from people who are a bit more removed from this.

and Phil has allowed the thread to continue as is his obvious right. It's been interesting but I suggest, unless AnonGuy comes back with an indication that the thread so far has not provided the requested reactions, that the subject be discontinued here. It could possibly be continued at some other more appropriate site.

I would like to hear the outcome of the story from AnonGuy though because it's an interesting study in small company employer-employee relationships.

anon_guy said:
and we truly appreciate every comment made.

Tark, hmmm...

1st I don't think he said every comment except!

2nd If you don't like my post, you don't need to read my post.

3rd Everyone has a right to speak there mind(including you)...that has been covered/hijacked by many threads, the way that I look at it is that if you don't want me to respond to a thread then PM everyone else on the site.

4th I never ramble, I try and get right to the point.

5th anon_guy is a member here, he came here looking for advice, do you really think that he (being a member) thought that he would get one straight answer from everyone? and that we would not bicker back and forth and we would not try state our point (because if you did not think that you were correct, then you would not have anything to fight for)((ok scratch number 4))

6th the definition of forum
a.The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

7th, If you read the bottom of Phil's thread/reply's the last word is ENJOY, people do that in different ways

Edit: from Bernie"that the subject be discontinued here." from me :OK

Last edited:
bernie_carlton said:
I would like to hear the outcome of the story from AnonGuy though because it's an interesting study in small company employer-employee relationships.

Bernie, AronGuy posted his outcome in this thread, you just need to weed through the posts which are irrelevant to his original post to find it. Are all the posts irrelevant? No, but I don’t remember AronGuy asking for everyone’s help in determining if he should or should not believe in God.

Yes this is a public forum and Phil wants us to enjoy it. I can also see that at the top it says “This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY.” I don’t mind OTs, Way OTs, or threads that have nothing to do with PLCs, I would just like to see that the posts are a bit more on point to the original subject.

And since I don’t want to accuse myself of hijacking, that’s all I’m going to say on the subject.

your boss is not without sin either... what ever happened to not judging. I would find another job then on my way out tell him to kiss it..... anyway he may be jelouse ya think. maybe he likes or wants her.