Employee Identification System

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Setting up an automatic chemical distribution system that'll dispense metered amounts of chemicals to employees. In order to verify that chemicals are only dispensed to qualified employees, I have a C-More HMI that the employee enters their employee # into, followed by a unique password. Employee #s and passwords are in a look-up table on a PLC. Works OK, but cumbersome, due to employees having to wear gloves. I'd like to use a key fob or access card to verify identity. Biometric probably not suitable, either, for the same reason.

Is anyone aware of a suitable device? Ideally, it would be connect to USB port on C-More.

If not, any recommendation on a different validation technique?

Check out http://www.rfideas.com/.
I use a few serial versions on an assembly line to only allow certain people to override torque unit/vision system interlocks.

They do make a USB version but I can't help with the C-More side of things.

They work with our standard employee ID badges.