Employee argument !!

leperking1

I was asked today if I knew if it was allowed to run Bus cable in conduit. If so were can I find the code or rule for it!!

Last edited:
10-3 bus cable

Were allowed to here in Canada. I would check your electrical code book. The answer should be provided in there.

Bus Drop Cable and Conduit

Hi Leperking.

We have run a portion of a "bus drop" in conduit in order to provide protection in an environment where the cable would be subject to abuse. Sometimes, bus drop is used to power a machine, where chips or other debris may wear out the sheathing.

You have to pay attention to the size of the conduit.

Pulling bus drop cable in conduit is a rather expensive way to do the job. What is the advantage for using the bus drop cable and not separate conductors?

Norbert