You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread November 19th, 2019, 11:06 AM   #1
Leukic
United States

1734-AENTR Input light issue

Gaurdlogix 5380 tied into 1734-AENTR. Safety scanner ossd1 and ossd2 are in I0 and I1 respectively. Common is hooked to 4&5. When we reset the scanner we get 24vdc from the scanner at the terminals of I0 and I1. But niether input shows to light up nor swap states in the program. Kinda stuck on this one. i may try to swap in a new input module and see if it works.
Unread November 19th, 2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Geospark
Lifetime Supporting Member
Ireland

You probably need to set the "Point Mode" for the input points in the software?
Without this set the inputs will be inactive.

Go the the module properties for the 1734-IB8S and then to the "Input configuration" tab.

Under "Point Mode", select the Safety function for the individual input points.

Usually for a light curtain or similar you will select "Safety".

You also setup for Single or Dual function here with "Point Operation".

Regards,
George
Unread November 19th, 2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Leukic
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geospark View Post
You probably need to set the "Point Mode" for the input points in the software?
Without this set the inputs will be inactive.

Go the the module properties for the 1734-IB8S and then to the "Input configuration" tab.

Under "Point Mode", select the Safety function for the individual input points.

Usually for a light curtain or similar you will select "Safety".

You also setup for Single or Dual function here with "Point Operation".

Regards,
George
I found it. Just as I read you reply a little bit ago. When our engineer set up this stuff under config he forgot to set the status of the inputs they were set as NOT USED. Not sure why I didnt check that. Could because he said it's good to go haha. Thanks Geospark
Unread November 19th, 2019, 12:22 PM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

The Input channel LED will also remain OFF if the module isn't configured yet, or if it's configured incorrectly for the inputs.

Did you inadvertently associate either of the Test Output signal sources with the inputs ? The inputs would be expecting to see the pulse train from the Test Output, not a steady 24V signal (which would indicate a short to 24V).

Otherwise your wiring sounds correct for a light curtain or safety scanner connection, like the example on Page 62 of the POINT Guard I/O User Manual.

edit: answered correctly while I was looking at the user manual and contemplating coffee.
Unread November 19th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #5
Leukic
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
The Input channel LED will also remain OFF if the module isn't configured yet, or if it's configured incorrectly for the inputs.

Did you inadvertently associate either of the Test Output signal sources with the inputs ? The inputs would be expecting to see the pulse train from the Test Output, not a steady 24V signal (which would indicate a short to 24V).

Otherwise your wiring sounds correct for a light curtain or safety scanner connection, like the example on Page 62 of the POINT Guard I/O User Manual.

edit: answered correctly while I was looking at the user manual and contemplating coffee.
Thanks Ken!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum