1734-AENTR Code 16#0010 with no IO modules connected

jchadwickB

Hi,

I currently have a 1734-AENTR module connected to a PLC in a DLR. When trying to run the program, and going to the AENTR, I run into error code "Code 16#0010 Mode or state of module does not allow object to perform requested service". I do not have any IO modules connected to the AENTR and set the chassis size to 2 as I read elsewhere that the size should be set to the number of modules + 1. No issues with IP configuration. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to resolve this.

Thanks!

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

If you have no I/O modules connected to the 1734-AENTR, then you can set the Chassis Size = 1, or Inhibit the connection, and you won't get any nuisance errors in the I/O tree.

jchadwickB said:
...number of modules + 1...
What you're probably getting confused is that the AENTR itself does not count as a module, but does count toward the chassis size. Hence the requirement to set the chassis size to "number of modules plus one" - you need one "slot" for each of your modules, and one for the adaptor itself.

As Ken says above, set your chassis size to 1 in both the project and the AENTR itself, and the errors should clear.

Although of course, an AENTR with no modules connected to it isn't a whole lot of use to anybody - presumably you're just trying to get things talking and error-free before adding modules?