1746-hsce2 card isn't initializing

kchap

hi everyone. i have 1746-hsce2 card (class 4) that i cannot get initialized. it returns a programming error each time the counter config block is sent. i've gone over my logic and the data values in the block over and over again, but i have not been able to figure out what is going wrong. i'm attaching a screenshot of the module setup and counter config data blocks.

aside from an error in the block or if a counter is enabled when the block is sent, can anyone suggest why this may be happening?

thanks.

HSCConfig.jpg

i figured it out. i had a rung that had ote instructions for the enable bits in the counter control block. this rung would only go true when initialization would complete without errors. i deleted it, and now the card initializes just fine.

so now i need to figure out how to control the counters without energizing the output bits directly. people are right - the manual leaves much to be desired.