A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Archie,

I've developed a C# .NET user interface using your AB Driver for Micrologix.

Our next type of system will require a lot more I/O so we are looking at trying out the new Micro800 range.

Do you know if your existing driver will support this?

Archie, what glitches have you worked on for the DF1 driver?

I always have issues with new installs getting the comms to connect. I usually need to change parity, and then change back to get it to run.

If i set the baud rate, it will error out completely. I need to leave it on Auto.

I am also having issues now with a new install where i cannot get communication. i have even updated the driver to 321 and cannot get communication still. Using an identical program(one from another machine that i modified for this one) it will work though.

I also have issues with graphics flickering while a second window is opened above the original window.

Any suggestions for these issues, or have you even heard of them before?

Thank you
Kenneth

Our next type of system will require a lot more I/O so we are looking at trying out the new Micro800 range.

Do you know if your existing driver will support this?
I haven't done any work with the 800 series, so I'm not sure what protocol it uses.

Archie, what glitches have you worked on for the DF1 driver?

I always have issues with new installs getting the comms to connect. I usually need to change parity, and then change back to get it to run.

If i set the baud rate, it will error out completely. I need to leave it on Auto.

I am also having issues now with a new install where i cannot get communication. i have even updated the driver to 321 and cannot get communication still. Using an identical program(one from another machine that i modified for this one) it will work though.

I also have issues with graphics flickering while a second window is opened above the original window.

Any suggestions for these issues, or have you even heard of them before?

Thank you
Kenneth
I had a few reports of flickering graphics, but have never been able to reproduce the problem. So I am unsure if it is has something to do with hardware or possibly other software installed on the PC.

What controller are you using with the DF1 driver? I did a fair amount of testing with version 3.21 on a SLC 5/05

All,

Has anyone used Advanced HMI with any of Fuji line of PXI temperature controllers? Specifically, have a PXR4 temperature controller which has modbus capability. I don't know if Fuji's flavor of modbus is the exact same as the modbus RTU protocol that appears (based on the threads Ive read) is supported. Anyone done this before?

Ive played around with the download on my PC and must say- IMPRESSIVE. Now, I'de like to try actual communication but need to know the major issues involved in making this HMI work with the Fuji PXR4. All we want to do is read temperature and time from the controller, while logging the same inputs to a text file. Ultimately use the HMI to produce a single page report showing comparing a selected log file and compare via a graph to current RT trend of time vs temp.

Sound reasonable?

modbus protocol for this controller here:
http://www.skylarkcontrols.com/pdf_files/PXR_MODBUS_Protocol.pdf

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I think that post refers to modbus TCP functionality (IP address based), not Modbus RTU (for RS232/485 comms). Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Has anyone an example project they have done using AdvancedHMI they would care to share?

The things I'm interested in are:
How they went about reading in all there tags in ASYNC mode and accessed them throughout project, i.e from form to form
Alarm/Event Logging

How do you create the run time file. Will the file be a setup file .?? Does the computer which is running the hmi need to have vb .

How do you create the run time file. Will the file be a setup file .?? Does the computer which is running the hmi need to have vb .
After you build your completed project, in the project directory there is a directory named \bin, in that directory will be another directory named either \debug or \release. In one of those directories are a group of about a dozen files. You will just need to copy those files to the target and create a shortcut to AdvancedHMI.exe

The target machine will also need the .NET 2.0 framework or higher.

I like the idea of this software,I sounds great? What is the lowest visual studio it works on ? Could you have the visual studio on a server with the runtime project and the access the file anywhere off the network.
And can't you have more the one user viewing the runtime file ?
Thanks guys

Stu, you only need Visual Studio on the machine that you develop on. Your finished product can run on any windows machine that has the same .NET framework installed.

Previous versions of AdvancedHMI were built around 2.0 .NET framework. The last version that I had (3.19) was set changed to .NET 4.0.

The end product is a .EXE so in order to run it on multiple machines, you would probably want the .exe (and other files that Archie mentioned) to be on the local machine.

Hey guys

I facing some problems. I am communicating to control logix over ethernetip . I have linked the tag to display but it doesnt move. I made pressure guage and linked to the tag pressure_piston .

PS: When the enter same tag in plcadress field. The pressure is showing only as number but not moving the guage

Last edited: