A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Help for noob....drivers won't load

Installed AdvancedHMI, no problems, including successful install of VB Express 2010.

Opened the MainForm.vb, exactly as described in the QuickStart.pdf (conversion was required, as stated, and successful).

Performed the build (Ctrl-Shift-B), but unable to drag any driver into the form, I just get the "No Entry" icon.

OK - Got It ! - I was trying to drag the driver from the Solution Explorer !!

Last edited:
No data from CLX tag.

Added the digital panel meter object and linked it to a working ControlLogix DINT tag, the default panel meter configuration seems OK for a DINT tag....

Set EtherNetIPforCLXComm driver properties, i.e. ENBT address and processor slot number OK...

Run the project, but panel meter stays at zero, i.e. not reading the tag from the controller.

Just wondering if there is a firewall port issue ? - Nope, tried turning it off

Anyone got any other ideas why this doesn't get the tag data ?

Last edited:
Can not see any ethernet traffic to/from the ENBT at 192.168.1.20 using wireshark when the MainForm is running - see the picture.

What could be wrong ?

2012-01-13_135724.jpg

Hi dmroeder,i am getting a bit lost, when you have finished your project is there any thing i need to do apart from save, and how do i get the runtime file shortcut? thanks for your time guys

OK, my issues resolved after much reading.....

I had put the CLX tag-name in the panel meter's property called "Tag", not in the property called "PLCAddressField".

Sort of makes sense, but what is the "Tag" property for ?

what is the "Tag" property for ?
In short, nothing. It is a property only used for the developers reference. You can put any information in their you would like, such as a comment. It has no functional purpose to the software unless you write code to use it.

I had put the CLX tag-name in the panel meter's property called "Tag", not in the property called "PLCAddressField".

I've never used it, but it's a default property for most(if not all) VB controls. I'm not sure if it's just used to put a description on, or if you can actually use it as an alias or something. I'll have to tinker with it now...

Hi dmroeder,i am getting a bit lost, when you have finished your project is there any thing i need to do apart from save, and how do i get the runtime file shortcut? thanks for your time guys
After you perform a build on your completed project, you will find a directory named AdvancedHMI\bin\debug
In the directory is a group of files. You can create a shortcut to AdvancedHMI.exe

OK, I'm quickly getting the hang of this now.

Need to play a lot more.....

Looks very good so far, and the graphics are great.

One quick question - DigitalPanelMeter appears to be 4 digits minimum ?

daba I am in the same boat, but the software is great, just need more practice,
Thanks Archie great job by the way

Will this be able to work on Windows 8 when it becomes available? It will work well with a touch screen as for example using a Nokia/Microsoft phone. It would be nice to have touchsceen capability for these controls and it would appear that it is instantly provided with used with a Win 8 device!

Lol. I did the same thing too. Just figured by trial and error. So tag is just like a comment.

Just the beginning

OK, I'm quickly getting the hang of this now.

Need to play a lot more.....

Looks very good so far, and the graphics are great.

One quick question - DigitalPanelMeter appears to be 4 digits minimum ?

daba,
Now that you have gotten started, you will find the possibilities are endless, as well as the learning. There is so much more to learn, but Advanced HMI and VB.NET is much more capable depending on how much more you learn. I have really enjoyed my learning/growing experience and have a long way to go. Good luck.

Thank you Archie for the training wheels/push start I needed.

Brian