A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

What data type is pressure_piston and what is the range of values you expect it to be?

By default I believe the range of the guage is 0 to 100.

Range will be around 0 to 300 bar.I changed the range still it doesnt work. Data type is Real. Communication is ok since i am getting the read the pressure as numbers but doesn't move the needle on the guage

Please answer the following questions:

AdvancedHMI Version
Value it should be displaying

I have most of the recent versions, so I should be able to test it on the version that you are using. I tested it on v3.21 and it works fine.

The tag should be entered in the field: PLCAddressValue

Thanks .I think i enter the tag in the box named tag.Anyways how do I add numeric display.I mean like
Oil level - 350
How do i make a numeric display.

If you want the "350" to come from a tag then add a basic label to your form. Fill out the following properties:

PLCaddressText = Tag in PLC
TextPrefix = "Oil Level - "

I have just sat and read this thread, and you guys are so clued up, your very clever guys, I like the software it looks great, I am going to start my first project at work with the software With no vb knowledge.
It might sound silly but when u set the Ethernet up do you set it up for each window,(page) I ask this because I want to link 5 machines to a project showing the data in the office and each plc has different ip as it would do. Thanks stu

You would need to have have an ethernet driver for each machine that you want to talk to. You can have multiple drivers in one project.

How do i add new page. I mean like a goto button in a panel view. I need to add one more page and link this to the first page.

Stu:

On the right side of the screen (solution explorer) open MainForm.vb. There are instructions on there that tell you how to get started.

Basically you have to "build" the solution first, this will compile all the controls and drivers so that you can access them from the toolbox (left side of the screen). Once this is done, you will have all sorts of new controls that you can use. Find the EthernetIPForCLXComm and drag it onto the form. With it selected, you will find the properties for it on the right side of the screen, under the solution explorer. You can set the IP address there.

Last edited:
How do i add new page. I mean like a goto button in a panel view. I need to add one more page and link this to the first page.

In the solution explorer, right click on AdvancedHMI and select Add > New Item. Select Windows Form, give it a name and click Add.

If you want to know how to switch from one form to the other, Archie setup a sample in the latest version. There is a button on the main form, double click it to get to the code behind it and you will see how the other form is opened. The other form (Page2) has a close button on it.

I have seen that thanks but what about the other 4 ip's do I open a new screen and do the same again ect, thanks stu

Stu, my previous post should help you add another form, then add the driver to it.

Hi dmroeder, could you post a link to the most recent version of the HMI. It's such a big thread to trawl through now.

I'm interested in exploring this, mainly for use with A-B ControlLogix and SLC500

TIA