Generic Ethernet Module To EDS

RJB427

Hi all,

In Studio5000 I am connecting to a third party Ethernet IP device using a ETHERNET-MODULE Generic Ethernet Module.

I have no issue connecting to the device this way, but I would like to clean up my IO tree as I do use a lot of these devices. Unfortunately, there is no way to get an eds file from the vendor.

I see that OVDA has EZ-EDS software out there free to use, but I have no idea how to use it. Does any one have any examples on using this software? Or a simple way of creating a EDS using a text editor?

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello, We are having trouble setting up a generic ethernet module for a Yaskawa GA80U4168 drive in RSLogix 5000 Version 20.01. All of the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need to add a module in logix for an SMC pneumatic valve manifold specifically EX600-SEN3/4. The eds files I add crash the program...
Replies
Views
So Rockwell PLCs have some generic ethernet module options available in the IO tree configuration. With the standard generic ethernet module, you...
Replies
Views
​Hello everyone, I triyng to link a Power Module eMB-60R from Robot Adept Viper s650 to CompactLogix, version 19.11 I followed exactly the...
Replies
Views
Hello: I have not been able to get RSLogix 5000 to display expected configuration screen for 1732E configurable armour blocks. Waiting for RA...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom