Maple Systems Current User Name

jedft

Hello all,

Using a Maple Systems HMI and programming with EZWare Plus. I need to be able to get the logged-in user name into the PLC (ControlLogix). I am not using the "enhanced security" on the HMI so the user names are simply numbers. The HMI internal address for current user is LW-10754 and it says "(8-words)" after it. If I do a global data transfer from the HMI to an 8-DINT array in the PLC will my user name (#) be in DINT 0 of that array?

The equipment is in is different country than I, which I will be traveling to Monday. Time will be very short there so I'd like to get this sorted out beforehand and not mess with it there.

Thank you!

I'm reasonably sure that is a 16 character ASCII string. If you open up the demo programs for one of the HMI's (I used HMI5070P) it references that tag with an ASCII entry/display object.
If you not using "enhanced security" it might be blank? I think the normal user just shows up in LW9219 and 9220.

Last edited:
So how to I get that into the PLC and turn it into an integer that I can use?

I need to allow certain actions based on the user number.

9219 changed before a password is entered, so that won't work as the user is not actually logged in.

Last edited:
I got it. I'll just compare the password with each user's password. Both of those are DINTs

Thanks.

The OEM for Maple is Weintek, and I'm using their software - EB8000. It's very close if not exact. Under Objects, Data Transer (time-based), you can set up a command that moves data from LW (HMI) to PLC every second, for example. You can check a box that enables it only on one screen if you want. In your case, the password screen.

Yeah I'm using that function to send the user number, password, and then each user's password over to the PLC every 3 seconds. Then I am comparing the password to the user's password in the PLC to decide if someone is logged in or not. Looks like it should work. I hate not having equipment to test on.

Thank you.