New PLCs.net Site Features and Design

Geniusintraining

Please don't think that just because you and I have not directly collaborated that you haven't help me indirectly. I spend alot of time at this terminal, and I read ALOT of what is posted here.

Anything about RS 5000, and Siemens, any problem that I might encounter, or any understanding that will further my three dimensional programming, I read. And your in almost all of them. I read and listen to what you have to contribute. Your post and responses to OPs have helped me understand many things.

Many others have too. (BIG+1 to Ken Roach) And I appreciate their input as well.

I took an opportunity to show my appreciation, albeit in a Jovial light hearted manner.

So I'll say it again,

+1 geniusintraing

Thank you

Wow... thank you! most of what I post is just noise but I try to help when I can, mostly try and make people laugh... our line of work (automation) is very stressful so if we can laugh from time to time I truly believe that it keeps us younger

John Morris said:
Many others have too.

Boy thats the truth, I always tell people the story when Bernie's help got me a raise at my last job :) there are so many others like Ken, Mickey, Steve, Russ, Jesper, Lancie, Peter, Jeff, TConnolly and so so many others... thats was the reason I think the "thank you" button would be cool, also the many that have helped me with my business and products

Happy New Year everyone!

As we enter 2016 I'd like to improve the PLCs.net experience.

As such, we'll do a complete redesign to the site... but don't fear... the forum will continue with its existing functionality. The only forum changes will be the green menu/logo/flashing area at the top and likely a mobile experience for those reading us via phones/tablets. No forum features will be added or subtracted… no font changes, no text color/background changes, no outside advertising, etc.

So, I need your ideas!

What do you want to see/experience? Nothing is too crazy, ‘off the wall' or impossible.

In 2016 you will see:

• The only forum changes will be the green menu/logo/flashing area at the top and likely a mobile experience for those reading us via phones/tablets.
    No forum features will be added or subtracted… no font changes, no text color/background changes, no outside advertising, etc.

• Fully responsive website design… in other words, improved mobile access via phones/tablets. A new look and feel to the PLCs.net site.

• Our free plc program simulator will be re-written outside of Flash so it can be accessed by most any device with a web browser. It will continue to be usable online.

• Our plc review area will be re-coded and usable again.

• More and new plc training material will be added to the site.

• What else do you want to see on the site?? Maybe you've seen a cool function on another website and you thought 'hey that's cool/useful'.
    No idea is ‘too crazy’ as long as its plc related!!
    Please suggest ‘your dream’ PLCs.net website feature below
Enjoy,

Check out the phone application "Tapatalk". It's an end-to-end mobile solution for online forums and blogs. It includes a unique Mobile App with Mobile Push Notifications, supports Single Sign On with Social Network integration, Mobile Photos, Videos and Attachments Sharing, and more.

Articles/News

Phil i think a section for articles and potentially automation news would add more traffic and interest in the site.

There are plenty of highly specialized contributors in the forum and i am pretty sure you will get enough interest for member to contribute in their specific fields. Can have contributors submit their articles and have them peer reviewed by senior members.

I would personally like to see more material on ICS Cyber Security so potentially have focused areas for this...

+1 for the Thumbs up/answered/this worked/thank you votes.