Newbie: Converting from 90-70 to Rx3i

I agree with RussB. When upgrading the software switch to 9.0, I made my addresses as close to 90-70 as possible and it made it much easier.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but here are some guidelines when changing the IP address.
There are two places that will need to be changed, and you will need to change them in the correct order. Let's assume the IP address of the PLC is currently 192.168.0.1 and you are successfully communicating with it. To change the PLC's IP address you must first open the hardware configure for the PLC and change the IP address for the appropriate port, typically either the Ethernet port on the CPU module or the port on the ETM module. After making the change in hardware configuration you must download the changed configuration to the PLC. You must stop the PLC before you can download configuration changes. If you don't stop the PLC you aren't given the option to download the new configuration.
After you download the configuration with the changed IP address you will lose communication with the PLC. To reestablish communications you will need to look at the properties window of the PLC target and change the IP address there. That is where you set the method that Proficy Machine Edition will use to communicate with the PLC, either serial or Ethernet and the IP address of the of the target if using ethernet. Once you have changed the IP address that Proficy Machine Edition uses for communications you will be able to get back online with the PLC.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear enough but you answered exactly what I needed to know.

I am having trouble with the High Speed Counter, its not getting reset in order to start the cycle. so in 90-70: I had the genius bus controller :IC697BEM731 and the HSC counter was IC660BBD120 and it has the options for "SETTINGS" and "BLOCK" and under " BLOCK" it has all the parameters and listed and configured but when I changed the family type to RX3i, I am now using Genius bus controller : IC694BEM331 and HSC counter is still the same which is: IC660BBD120 but it only has the only of "SETTINGS". How do I configure the "BLOCK" which has parameter for the HSC counter or is that not needed?

** attached the photo of the configuration below.

**another note: we didn't change the HSC hardware in the plant. **
Thank you for your help.

90-70 IC697BEM731.jpg 90-70, IC697BEM731.jpg rx3i, IC694BEM331.jpg