S7 memory card

Maj. Toxido

Good day to all of you!

I wan`t to put the program of the PLC to memory card, can you guide me on how to make it. And also for installing the hardware (MMC). The PLC is S7-300 & S7-400 :)

This is my first time doing this.

Thank`s in advance

Sherwin

Download to S7-400 Flash Card

I use this proceedure to update the program stored on an S7-400 Flash Memory Card. This has the advantage that all setpoints and other entered data are stored on the Flash Card.

Procedure – Writing Program plus Setpoints etc to EPROM

1. Put all control loops on BACKUP.

2. Open empty Step7 project eg TEST.

3. Upload PLC program from required PLC including Setpoints etc to project TEST. (PLC \ Upload Station to PG)

4. If Flash Memory Card already installed then go to 9.

5. Stop PLC with switch on CPU module.

6. Insert Flash memory card (EPROM).

7. Do memory reset on PLC module and put back in RUN.

8. If the PLC will not run or Profibus communications cannot be established it will be necessary to download the System Data via the PC Adaptor. (Make sure that it is selected in Set PC/PG Interface)

9. Do PLC \ Download User Program to Memory Card.

PLC will have the program loaded to the Flash card with setpoints intact. In the event of a power failure at the CPU (Batteries dead or removed) The Program will be re-loaded from the Flash Card when the CPU is restarted.

My projects have typically 60 PID control loops each has in addition to a setpoint, measurement limits, deviation limit,
output limits and PID parameters. I find the above proceedure helpful as following a memory reset the program has all this data intact.

Last edited: