SLC-500 Comm. Problem

Grant Snooks

G
Hi Guy's,
Need a little help.
I have a SLC -500 1747-L20C, I also have a 1747-PIC Ser. A.
I start RSLinx, Go to Communications, select Configure drivers, I select 1747-PIC / AIC+Driver.
when I try to configure driver I get an error message.
" Can not creat new PIC Device when RSLinx is running as a service. to create a new PIC device run RSlinx as a normal application and then create the device."
I'm only new to AB, PLC's, What am I doing wrong and how can I configure this so that I can download to my PLC?

Shut down RSLinx. Go to Start>Prorams>Rockwell Software>RSLinx and click on RSLinx Launch Control Panel. Click the Stop button and uncheck the box that says Always run as a service. Then click the start button. When Linx restarts, you should be able to configure the PIC driver.

thaks for the help...now i have another problem

thanks for the help, now i have another problem. When i got to put my PLC online i get an error message that reads,
" No response from processor at selected path/node
diagnostics failed 0x4 "

basically this is my first time using the allan bradley plc. I am stuck for time and i need to get the plc working...can someone help me get it online..the program has already been written.

From within RSLogix500, select COMMS>Systems Comms. A screen like RSWHO in RSLinx should open. On the left of the split-screen, find your PIC dirver and click on the + sign to its left to expand it. You should see your SLC on the network. Click on it once to highlight it, then select ONLINE or DOWNLOAD from the buttons on the right.

what Windows operating system are you using? ... and if all else fails, you can register and send me a Private Message with your phone number ... I'll give you a call and try to talk you through it ... I'll be around until about 2:00 EDT ...