Trouble setting up NPORT express with SLC 5/04. PLEASE HELP!

Info for William Causland (and general info for the rest of the guys)regards the Mitsubishi.

Realise you are linking into a "A" series Mitsi but the comms cable is the same SCO9. As per your post, I rigged up a DE-211 to a FX2N. Had to make up a crossover from the 25 pin Moxa serial port to the SCO9 9 pin socket. Pinned out as follows
DB25 DB9
Pin 2 - Pin 2
Pin 3 - Pin 3
Pin 4 - Pin 7
Pin 5 - Pin 8
Pin 6 - Pin 4
Pin 7 - Pin 5
Pin 8 - Pin 1
Pin 20 - Pin 6

Set Nport for Com 5, saved this configuration.
Set Telnet, RTS/CTS to "none"
Checked Nport Monitor to ensure monitor port was same (Com 5).
Set GX Developer comms for Com 5.
Made sure Baud rates etc. were the same.
Hooked up to PLC and did a Batch Monitor and it works fine. No need for a second Nport as you described in your post.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken R.

Just a quick update for those who are interested.

I am now using the MOXA out in the field with a PLC 5/40B processor. The bad thing is that the 5/40 is limited to 19 kb as opposed to the 38,4kb on the SLC. Also, the SLC needs to use System master, but a PLC 5/40 uses system (point to Point). I have the ethernet running almost six hundred feet(it has a switch in the middle) from the cabinet to my desk, and its actually very responsive. Faster than our DH+ networks (albeit they have 5-10 processors on the network) Can go online, do some OPC/DDE grabbing from the Data Table. The Cadillac would be to use the NetENI module, but seeing as those are above $1000 and this Moxa cost $200, I will settle. Now to add more processors to my network!

Oh, from recently talking to my AB rep, he suggested as an alternative to get a small controllogix rack with just a DH+ card and an ethernet module. Plug your DH+ network into the DH+ card and your ethernet network into the ethernet module, bingo, you have a ethernet to DH+ adapter (but an expensive way to go)

Ciao