Way OT – Employer/Employee Conflict

RussB said:
3. Again, this is only what I believe. If I am wrong it makes no difference what course you take. All that matters is that you get what you want today
But,
If I am right whose side do you want to be on? The side who spends eternity (That is a LONG time.) in H e a v e n or in h e l l?

This is nothing more than "Pascal's Wager" and is a logical fallacy. It implies that there are only two possible options when the options can be infinite.

Bifurcation
Also referred to as the "black and white" fallacy and "false dichotomy", bifurcation occurs if someone presents a situation as having only two alternatives, where in fact other alternatives exist or can exist.

RussB said:
1. It should not have been brought up here, unless you have no other trustworthy friends to turn to.

Why not? It's a workplace issue and this website is all about helping out other people trying to get things done. This unfortunate bloke is being screwed by his boss and might well expect helpful advice from this site.

RussB said:
1.a. What your employer says or thinks is irrevilent. How you see your girl-friend and what you (and GOD) 'think' of each other is more important.

What the employer thinks and does _is_ the point of this thread. Being demoted is not irrelevant to anon, that's for sure. What god/allah/buddha thinks of the arrangement is beside the point and a matter for anon.

RussB said:
2. The Bible is the only "Truth" that can give any of us definitive answers to how we should live. The state and federal laws are not the final say, they are just the current trend. God's law is the final say. I will not judge you but I believe that when you die or Christ returns, you will be judged to determin where you will spend eternity. What do you want on your record?

3. Again, this is only what I believe. If I am wrong it makes no difference what course you take. All that matters is that you get what you want today
But,
If I am right whose side do you want to be on? The side who spends eternity (That is a LONG time.) in H e a v e n or in h e l l?

4. Do not missunderstand, I am not judging you for your lifestyle, I am only giving you my interpretation of what I believe that the Bible is telling me. If you were not looking for different opinions you would NOT have posted here.

Sure, he's looking for other opinions. No, he's not looking for hammy threats about fire and damnation when he's already said he is perfectly happy with his religous beliefs.

testsubject said:
This is nothing more than "Pascal's Wager" and is a logical fallacy. It implies that there are only two possible options when the options can be infinite.
This is one of the reasons that I hesitated to reply to this post. There are a few (or many, it matters not) that are very happy to ridicule my opinion. And turn right around to expound that ALL opinions are equal (except mine). I am used to this, it matters little.
The important thing is that those who are called, are reached.
The sooner it all ends the better, IMHO!
This is NOT very PC either is it?

testsubject said:
Bifurcation
Also referred to as the "black and white" fallacy and "false dichotomy", bifurcation occurs if someone presents a situation as having only two alternatives, where in fact other alternatives exist or can exist.
IMHO
There are only two destinations, H E A V E N or H E L L.
Eternity is a LONG time (More than can be represented with a Double Integer!) What do you want?
I present the BIBLE as my "TRUTH". What do you have to counter this?
Mine goes back to the first century with proficies pointing to it that go back nearly 5000 years.
I can not find any other evidence that comes close!
Again, It is NOT my intention to judge you! But, PLEASE look at my opinion as being as logical (or as truthful) as yours.

I appreciate everyone's comments including Russ's. I posted this here to get various different people's opinion and that is exactly what I have gotten and I appreciate the thought that has gone into all of the replies. This all comes down decisions my fiancé and I must make for ourselves and we both know that.

Binaural said:
Sure, he's looking for other opinions. No, he's not looking for hammy threats about fire and damnation when he's already said he is perfectly happy with his religous beliefs.
The fact that he is happy with his religous beliefs is why I am writing.
It is my opinion that 'happy with his religous beliefs' will get him into the kind of trouble that will land him in the wrong eternal home. It is because I am concerned for his, and his fiance's future that I am responding here.
I hope that you do not think that it is because I like your 'bashing'?
You too can be brought to the 'straight & narrow'!

PLEASE ASK, I WOULD LOVE TO RESPOND!

RussB said:
IMHO
There are only two destinations, H E A V E N or H E L L.
Eternity is a LONG time (More than can be represented with a Double Integer!) What do you want?
I present the BIBLE as my "TRUTH". What do you have to counter this?
Mine goes back to the first century with proficies pointing to it that go back nearly 5000 years.
I can not find any other evidence that comes close!
Again, It is NOT my intention to judge you! But, PLEASE look at my opinion as being as logical (or as truthful) as yours.

Russ,

When we find evidence of a global flood in which all animals were put on a ship built by a handful of men, come talk.

When we find evidence that the earth is < 6000 years old, come talk.

The bible is a great literary work, spanning tens of centuries, and a compolation of different writers, stories, and poems.

It is not the direct mouth of G&d Himself speaking to you.

Be careful which verses you pick as your basis of morality, for the bible has other verses that are just as quick to justify/condemn about any action.

RussB said:
The fact that he is happy with his religous beliefs is why I am writing.
It is my opinion that 'happy with his religous beliefs' will get him into the kind of trouble that will land him in the wrong eternal home. It is because I am concerned for his, and his fiance's future that I am responding here.
I hope that you do not think that it is because I like your 'bashing'?
You too can be brought to the 'straight & narrow'!

PLEASE ASK, I WOULD LOVE TO RESPOND!

RussB, my post was not a cry for religous instruction, nor was it bashing. The religous beliefs of anon_guy are not the issue here, it's how he should respond to his boss's unethical behaviour in linking anon_guy's career to his unexceptional private life (especially since it does not affect his work performance).

So here's my message in plain language - stop cluttering the thread with your religous beliefs. Anon_guy is asking for career advice, not religous advice.

Binaural said:
RussB, my post was not a cry for religous instruction, nor was it bashing. The religous beliefs of anon_guy are not the issue here, it's how he should respond to his boss's unethical behaviour in linking anon_guy's career to his unexceptional private life (especially since it does not affect his work performance).

So here's my message in plain language - stop cluttering the thread with your religous beliefs. Anon_guy is asking for career advice, not religous advice.
There is no difference IMHO. If you do not like my career advice to him please ignore it. But at the same time it is no less relevant than yours. Unless of course you consider 'religious' advice inferior to yours? If so, why? Are you afraid that your evidence will not stand up? IMO a career should lead one to eternity.

RussB said:
There is no difference IMHO. If you do not like my career advice to him please ignore it. But at the same time it is no less relevant than yours. Unless of course you consider 'religious' advice inferior to yours? If so, why? Are you afraid that your evidence will not stand up? IMO a career should lead one to eternity.

If you truly think there should be no distinction between religion and the private life of individuals, move to Saudi Arabia immediately. I understand that participation in the state religion there is compulsory and private deviance from religious principles is punished promptly and publicly. No doubt this means all heaven is clogged with Saudi citizens.

I will not debate with you on religion, because you have done a good enough job of hijacking this thread already.

elevmike said:
Mark,

As an employer, I would tell you that it's my opinion that the employer in this case is overstepping his bounds. However you live your personal life, (so as long as it does not interfere with your performance at work), should be no concern of his. PERIOD! I'm not a liberal by a long shot, but this is way too much.

Mike, thanks for answering my post. I personally agree with you and I think comments on this subject have more weight coming from someone who's sitting in the employer's seat than they would coming from someone in an employee's seat.

Binaural said:
If you truly think there should be no distinction between religion and the private life of individuals, move to Saudi Arabia immediately. I understand that participation in the state religion there is compulsory and private deviance from religious principles is punished promptly and publicly. No doubt this means all heaven is clogged with Saudi citizens.

I will not debate with you on religion, because you have done a good enough job of hijacking this thread already.
I am VERY sorry that you do not understand. It REALLY sorrows me!
Religion is NOT state dictated or even belief dictated. It is GOD driven. My opinion is that GOD, is (and there IS only ONE GOD) the creator and controller of the universe that I live in. If you have a different opinion, that's up to you. I know where I am coming from and going to. Do you?

Binaural said:
If you truly think there should be no distinction between religion and the private life of individuals, move to Saudi Arabia immediately.
There is a VERY real relationship between the religious and private life of everyone! Anyway there should be.
As I stated, your eternal home is directly related to your relationship to GOD. There is but ONE GOD, and that GOD is Jehova.
The GOD talked about and Praised in the BIBLE!
My belief is that there is NO distinction between religious and private life!
My prayer is that Saudi Arabia eventually believes the same! If I believed that my moving there wouold help this, I would move there!

RussB said:
My belief is that there is NO distinction between religious and private life!

Mate, clearly I was right when I said Saudi Arabia is your sort of town. From your comments you would really be at home in the sort of fundamentalist theocracy that doesn't respect a right to private beliefs. As I said previously, my beliefs or lack thereof are my own and none of your business.

On that note, I bow out of this thread since my presence clearly only encourages you to persist in your threadjacking.