Altivar 31 Drive to Compactlogix PLC

programist

Hello,

I am trying to connect 2 Altivar 31 Drives to Compactlogix L35E PLC. What would be the cheapest best way of doing that?

I know there is RedLion option for Modbus and the ProSoft card. But I am trying to think about other options.

There are Altivar 71 drives to connect, but those I will connect through Ethernet card.

Thank you all so much!

I presume the Altivar 31 has Modbus RTU. Do you know if it's RS-232 or RS-485 ?

The cheapest and the best way are often different !

I personally would reach for an HMS Communicator with the Modbus RTU firmware. That's the device that Schneider Electric private-labels for EtherNet/IP to Modbus RTU conversion, and I like its balance of cost, complexity, and performance.