Eaton easy512-dc-rc setup for conveyer noobie questions

Here is Revision 4, changed to normally closed dark-operate Photoswitches, instead of Proximity Switches.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have no idea why I called them proximity sensors. Guess I need to put my terminology
In check lol. I apologize. And I really do appreciate the help.

Ok it's working! I have to do some fine tuning and found two sensors defective right out of the box and it look like one has been used before. Lol.

Anyway that last program seemed to do the trick and everything thus is doing as planned. I am still trying to connect up the plumbing to the spray jet solenoids.

I'll take a video and upload it so you can see the operation and what this machine looks like.

I'll keep you updated.

One thing. I seem to be having an issue on one tables i04 sensor where it's having a hard time picking up the mask in view. really slow or having a problem with distance. the red indicator LED is flickering but it is kicking on the 24 volt selenoid the other table on this unit seems to be working flawlessly

Good deal! On the photoswitches, according to the Eaton data sheet, the best range-to-target is 1 to 9 inches. If the masks have a rounded surface, measure the maximum Vertical Height, then mount the photoswitch 8" - VH" above the conveyor surface. Say the Vertical Height of the masks are 5" maximum. So mount the photoswitches 8-5 = 3" above the mask height (which will be 8" above the conveyor surface). Then the photoswitch should be able to sense the leading edges, as well as the highest part of the mask. All surfaces will be within the 1"-to-9" window, with 3" of clearance above the mask.

Looking at the Eaton datasheet, I see now how it reads. If one leg of your load goes to the -24V Pin 3 Blue Wire, then the other side of that load has to wire to Pin 4, Black wire. I think that is what you had to do, and that is correct.

Last edited:
Ok. That makes sense. The masks are completely flat about 2 mils thick at most. Therefore I have found that they seem to work best exacty 1.5" from surface believe it ir not. Any higher and they dont want to pick up the object.

2 of the sensors are bad. The lenses are cloudy. Another one is questionable. Good thing we had 4 extra.
Video posting soon..

http://vid845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/infinitereality919u6/20140822_190218_zpsdf530217.mp4

Here it is. Left track in operation. No solution or air tanks connected to spray solenoid yet but temporarily connected solenoid to test operation and amp draws fron power supply. So far so good.

Curious about something, why wont the Eaton EZsoft software allow me to change the inputs? I was attempting to change those inputs in the circuit diagram from normally open to normally closed and all it would do is place a new I01 system stop input in it's place..

Last edited:
and all it would do is place a new I01 system stop input in it's place
I am not sure if you were using the EZ Soft 6 program, or the front panel screen on the relay. In either case, you must switch from RUN to STOP mode before trying to make changes.

If you were using the program, then you don't need to put in any new instructions. Simply click on the instruction to be changed, then go down to the "Circuit Diagram Element" screen that should pop up at the bottom. (If it doesn't show, click on the horizontal separator bar and drag the screen upwards to give it room to display). On that screen, under "Contact", select the box for "Make" or "Break". That's all.

To make the changes using only the front panel, you would have to read the manual. I never have done that. Looking at the Eaton EZ-Soft Programmable Relay EZ500-700 User Manual, page 63, you could make program changes from the EZ LCD display using the "P" buttons, but it would be difficult and time-consuming in a program longer than 2 or 3 rungs.

Last edited:
Yes I was using ez soft v6. I see now. I had the bottom bar on the screen pulled down to far to read those objects.
Very interesting technology! Now It's all about tweaking table speeds and spray timers and air flow volume from the tanks to achieve what we are looking for. Once all is done and its operating I'll update with another video.
Stay tuned.
Again thank you all for the help! It's been a blessing!

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, the company is having issues with getting some air supplies for the spray tank. Im on hold at the moment still. The owner is desperately waiting....

Right now I am currently finishing the second units wiring. There were two units to build.

Well the second unit is now finished and we are still awaiting on a decision from the supplier on how to connect the air tanks... Im stumped.

Well the air is finally connected and as well as the solution sprayer. One small issue thatI noticed thou. When sensor 1 triggers the spray solenoid, they want a.delay before turning on the solenoid. Is this possible? Possible 2 second delay? Can it be implemented into the program?

I will have to look at the program. It has been so long that I forgot how it works. I think another timer can be added to create the delay.

Here is Revision 5 with the 2 second delay Timer T03 added on new Rung 11.

Last edited:
very cool thank you I'm going to try it today and see how it reacts I'm pretty sure it should be marvelous. I'm so glad that after 2 months near of waiting this project looks like to be almost complete. I really didn't like making people wait to specially when they devoted their time to help me write a program for the same and I really appreciate it