Eaton easy512-dc-rc setup for conveyer noobie questions

You may need to adjust the times for all 3 of the timers to optimize the program. I think in the last version, Timer 1 is 15 seconds, Timer 2 is 10 seconds, and Timer 3 is 2 seconds.

Ok will do. I'll have a look at it. I've played with the timer adjustments and table speeds according to VFD trying to get a more accurate timing on the parts but.without solution or air that was hard before. Now we might be getting somewhere.

I made a slight change in this Version 6, where you can set all 3 timers using the front-panel P-button P03 (the ">" button). When P03 is off, T01 and T02 times can be changed. When P03 is ON, T03 time can be changed.

Last edited:
hey that seems to work excellent thank you. But I ran into a conundrum now they want to have a push button to override q4 and be able to turn on the selonoid manually so they can purge the system. I'm thinking of adding a manual push button with a 24 volt bypass but it'll have to go to the output side of q4. Do you think that's going to cause a problem with reverse bias voltage into the PLC output?

No, I don't think it would cause a reverse action, but the best, easiest way is to add another switch to Input I04. Then place a I04 contact on Rung 11 in parallel with M06. After 2 seconds, it will hold Q04 ON until I04 is turned OFF.

I can do it for you, if that is what you want.

Here is Revision 7, with added Input I07 Manual Purge Switch on Rung 13.

Last edited:
So far all is good with setup! They are just now getting to using it with the serum and the air supply. I did notice one thing thou. When sensor 1 is triggered the timer starts on the spray solenoid. If they place the masks too closely the system gets confused and starts to miss spaying the second one. Is there a way to make the spray solenoid stay on if sensor 1 stays closed because it didn't have enough time to sense the second mask going down the line? Hopefully this makes sense.

When sensor 1 is triggered the timer starts on the spray solenoid. If they place the masks too closely the system gets confused and starts to miss spaying the second one.

Is there a way to make the spray solenoid stay on if sensor 1 stays closed because it didn't have enough time to sense the second mask going down the line?
That last 2-second Spray Delay timer T03 probably causes the misses. I was never sure why T03 was needed. (It seems T03 is a band-aid fix for a mismatch of the photosensor position, the conveyor speed, and the spray duration time.) Remember T03 ALWAYS waits 2 seconds AFTER the photoswitch BEFORE energizing the spray. Without that delay, anytime the photoswitch is triggered, the spray solenoid would be ON. You could try using the front panel to reduce the T03 delay down to 0.2 seconds, or even 0.0 to see how that works.

EDIT: I made a Revision 8 with a small change on Rung 10, sealing in the Spray Delay relay if the spray timer times out AND the photoswitch is still triggered.

Last edited:
ok cool I'll give that a shot that may take care of it if it's sealed in like you said the reason they wanted T03 was because they didn't want to waste any precious material waiting for the mask to pass photosensor 2 the spray selenoid centered about it 2 inch gap between the two.

so this will wait the initial 2 seconds out for T03 and then as long as the sensor is off it will not stop spraying?

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I've been sick with the flu.

so this will wait the initial 2 seconds out for T03 and then as long as the sensor is off it will not stop spraying?
Yes, that is the way Revision 8 seemed to work while testing it with the simulator.