AB Stratix 5700 configuration problem

Since you brought it up...The OP is trying to implement a multi level automation system the 'cost efficient' way.

Multiple LANs bridged by multiple ENB(2, 3)Ts is the Purdue Model standard, however, 'VLAN-ing' and managed switching at 'low' levels (Device/IO/Peer-to-Peer/HMI) seems to be more and more attempted seemingly for reducing the backbone media costs.

I am pretty sure there is some combination of switch settings which could get the OP's system up and going, however, I am already feeling sorry for the engineering personnel tasked with keeping the system functional and develop it in the future.

Last edited:
Contr_Conn thank you for so much information.
Next Wednesday I'm at the machine, and able to go online with the switch.
I'll try all suggestions given by everybody, and see what this brings.

I'm sorry for my bad Inglisch, it's not my mother language...

Regards, Jack

Maybe it can work for you to try like I did below.
I also have one Stratix 5700 with many network nodes (plc, hmi, kinetix, ios). I connected all the machine nodes to the standard ports of the Stratix, leaving the G ports free for the outside world.
Then I set the Stratix switch ip address (on its home page) to be in the range of the offices (same as the laptop's). So, by connecting to the G port, I could access the whole machine from outside.
Hope it helps...